Why Choose Murray’s for your Tucson Firearms and Ammunition Training and Services?
We are a local Tucson family-owned business founded in 1977. We have built a strong reputation in Tucson with our decades of experience in firearms and ammunition, our proven training methods and our focus on safety and clarity while building your skill sets.
Extensive Use and Knowledge of the AK, AR, HK, FAL, (Tactical Rifles), Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, Colt (Handguns and Rifles) and WWII, WWI Small Arms and collectible firearms.
Darrell Murray (Founder and Owner) has used and trained with tactical firearms and dealing with threat encounters throughout his career – over 40 years of knowledge and experience. He is a Master Class rated shooter, founder, past president and match director for The Copper Basin Sportsmen’s Club in Kearny, AZ when stationed there with the Arizona Highway Patrol.
Some of his qualifications are listed below.
“I don’t know everything – I’m still young and working on it. Ask and I’ll be glad to offer any help or suggestions I’ve gleamed over the years, without trying to be one of those ‘my way or the highway’ type instructors or dealers.”
–Darrell Murray, Owner, Murray’s Firearms
Darrell D. Murray
Founder and Owner, Murray’s Firearms
Darrell Murray is a retired Arizona Highway Patrol Officer with over 30 years of law enforcement service. His decades of experience and qualifications in firearms disciplines include:
- NRA Police Firearms Instructor
- Police gun smith repair
- Certified NRA Instructor
- Arizona Concealed Carry Instructor
- Founder, President, Match Director, Head Instructor, Copper Basin Sportsman Club
- Master Class Three Gun Shooter
- Police Tactical Instructor for Rifle, Shotgun and Pistol
- Owner of Murray’s Firearms and Ammunition
- Registered Safety Officer
- Background Investigator for ADC Limited, NM, which duties include clearance investigations under contract with the US Government
- Strong supporter of the Second Amendment
- NRA Life Member
- Member of The Board of Directors, Pima Pistol Club 2018
While staying pretty busy offering firearms training in Oro Valley and Tucson, Darrell continues to expand his knowledge in the fields he enjoys. In the past, Darrell co-founded the Arizona Land Rover Owner’s Club and ran the club as president. He is a member of a law enforcement motorcycle club which raises money for police officers’ families who are injured or killed in the line of duty. Darrell also was the Committee Chair and Charter Representative for BSA Troop 297.
Brenda K. Murray, CDP
Certified NRA Instructor, Murray’s Firearms
Brenda is an NRA certified firearms instructor who assists Darrell with providing firearm training and services in Tucson. Some of her qualifications include:
- Retired Senior Solutions Specialist
- Presidents Sapphire Club
- Certified NRA Instructor
- Strong Supporter of the Second Amendment
Brenda is a cornerstone of the Tucson community, and when she’s not busy providing firearms and ammunition services at Murray’s Firearms she dedicates her time to community causes. Some of these include:
- Philanthropist for various non-profits
- Motivational speaker to women’s organizations
- Certified Dementia Practitioner
- Physical Therapy Assistant, children’s hospital
- Co-editor of a medical publication
- Home School Instructor
- Woman of the Year
- Interior designs sold to builders
- Chartered and presided a chapter of Beta Sigma Phi
Are you ready to take your firearm skills and knowledge to the next level?